July 5, 2018
Visitors can set out to find the six trolls and secret hideout of Troll Hunt, a new exhibition at The Morton Arboretum. Troll Hunt marks the first large-scale U.S. installation from Danish artist Thomas Dambo.
- 6 trolls have emerged from The Morton Arboretum's woods.
- 1 troll hideout is secreted away among the Arboretum's trees.
- Artist Thomas Dambo and a crew worked for 8 weeks to construct the trolls on the Arboretum's grounds.
- Trolls measure 15- to 30-feet tall. One lying down in a meadow is 60 feet long.
- Thomas Dambo has exhibited sculptures in 8 countries worldwide.
- 360 wooden pallets were used to construct the trolls.
- Pieces of the trolls, including faces, hands, and feet, traveled 4,267 miles from the artist’s Copenhagen studio to The Morton Arboretum.
- A troll's head measures 69 inches wide from ear to ear.
- A troll's foot measures 57 inches long.
- 84,000 screws were used to build the trolls.