Episode 3: Choosing a direction guided by your interest
Guest: Ashley Tuffin, Research Assistant at The Morton Arboretum
Internships can take you all over the world and provide valuable insight into the career of your dreams. In this episode, Ashley Tuffin, research assistant at The Morton Arboretum, describes how the internships guided by your interest can shape decisions and directions within your STEM/plant career trajectory.
- Favorite Plant Profile: Oaks (family)
- Classroom Activity: S1 E3 - Classroom Activity EnvironmentalSurvivalPokemon-AshleyTuffin.docx
- Follow Ashley’s Journey by exploring their blog from Edgehill (school) as well as their personal blog
- Explore Ashley's internships (both at The Morton Arboretum and in Sweden) through this photo profile
- Check out this NSTA article about using Pokemon to teach scientific classification
- Check out a evolutionary outline of pokemon characters/creatures
SHARE: Please tell us what you think. After you have listen to one (or several) episodes, we welcome your feedback. All feedback submitted by December 31st 2018, will be entered to win a raffle to receive a free pair of Bose SoundSport headphones.