Schedule and location
Tips for entering The Morton Arboretum
- All dogs are $5 each. Dog and human admission passes must be reserved in advance through the Arboretum's online ticketing site. No cash is accepted at the Gatehouses and guests without passes will be turned away.
- Have your admission pass or guest ticket ready when approaching the Gatehouses.
- Explore the grounds by driving to farther parking lots and then hike the trails with your dog.
Social distancing is essential for all who visit. Please be considerate of others by practicing social distancing in areas that may be congested, parking lots, and around the Visitor Center. Guests are asked to wear masks when within six feet of any others who did not arrive with them. Masks must be worn at all times inside the Visitor Center, the Arboretum Store, the Ginkgo Café, and Arbor Court. Concessions for this event will be available in Arbor Court. For more information, please visit Know Before You Go.
Dogs are only allowed at the Arboretum on certain dates. Please adhere to the following rules while visiting The Morton Arboretum with your dog:
- Dogs must be attended and on a leash at all times.
- All dogs must have updated vaccinations and registrations.
- For the safety of both your pet and the natural environment, do not let dogs go off the marked trails.
- Please clean up after your pet. Bags are available at the Visitor Center.
- Dogs are not allowed in the following locations:
Thornhill Educational Center
Administration Building and Research Center
- Portable restrooms for humans who need to bring their dogs with them can be found at the following locations:
Thornhill Picnic Shelter
Prairie Visitor Station
Big Rock Visitor Station
Remember, pets are only admitted to The Morton Arboretum on specific event dates. The following 2021 Dog Admission dates are:
- Sunday, February 21
- Sunday, March 21
- Sunday, May 16 (Tails on the Trails)
- Sunday, September 12 (Tails on the Trails)
- Sunday, November 7
Fees and admission
All dogs are $5 each. Dog and human admission passes must be reserved in advance through the Arboretum's online ticketing site.
Members: RESERVE TIMED-ENTRY MEMBER PASSES
No cash is accepted at the Gatehouses and guests without passes will be turned away.
Your visit helps support our mission of planting and conserving trees and other plants for a greener, healthier, and more beautiful world.