Schedule and location
Unwind with family and friends on Wednesday evenings at The Morton Arboretum this summer. Mingle as you enjoy live music and dancing, lawn games, and refreshments surrounded by beautiful trees. There’s no better way to celebrate the leisurely evenings of summer!
Tickets include event admission, one beverage (beer, wine, or soda), activities, and live music. Tickets are required for all guests 21 years old and older. Families are welcome; children admitted free.
View the 2019 Arbor Evenings Menu.
Arrival and Entry
- Music is from 5:30 to 7:45 p.m. Ticket sales begin at 5:00 p.m.
- Those arriving after 4:30 p.m. for Arbor Evenings pay only for the event ticket and not a separate admission fee; indicate upon arrival at the Gatehouse that you are attending Arbor Evenings.
- Parking is located near the Visitor Center. Once the main lot is full, you will be directed to the nearest available lot. All lots are approximately 0.3 miles from the event location.
- All entries are general admission. Event area opens at 5:00 p.m.
- Tickets are required for all guests 21 years old and older. Guests should be prepared to have their ID checked at the ticket booth to receive a wristband for event entry.
- Check-in is required for guests of all ages.
- You are welcome to explore the rest of the grounds during your visit; your wristband is needed to re-enter the event area.
- All events are outdoors. Tickets are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged. In the event of extreme or severe weather, events may be cancelled for the safety of guests.
What to Bring
- Seating is all on the grass; bring a blanket or chair. No chairs will be provided.
- Guests may bring outside food. Tapas plates will also be available to purchase.
- Guests may bring sealed water or an empty refillable water bottle; no other outside beverages allowed.
- Guests may bring low portable tables and wagons.
What NOT to bring
Outside alcoholic beverages are not permitted at this event and will be confiscated. Wine, spirits, beer, water, and non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase.
- Any beverages (with the exception of sealed water bottles) are not allowed into event. We have a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages available for purchase onsite.
- Pets (excluding service animals)
- Large umbrellas that block the view of others; small rain umbrellas are OK
- Candles with an open flame
- Tobacco products of any kind (including electronic cigarettes)
- Large tables (4-, 6-, or 8-foot tables)
Accessible parking is available in Parking Lot 1. Guests may also use the circle in front of the Visitor Center for drop-off and pick-up.
Wheelchairs are available for loan at no charge at the Visitor Center. A driver’s license or ID is retained to ensure return. At the end of each event, wheelchairs must be returned to the Breezeway.
Accessible seating area will be located along the paved sidewalk.
The event area is approximately 0.3 miles from parking locations.
For more information, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Group Reservations and Catering
Do you have a group of 20 or more? Ask us about preordering tickets! For groups 40+, ask us about our catering packages. Please contact Ginkgo Catering for more information. Email: GinkgoCatering@mortonarb.org or call 630-719-2457
Fees and admission
Under 21: Free