Schedule and Location
Saturday and Sunday, October 5 and 6, 2019, 4:00 p.m. to noon
Fees and Registration
BY PHONE: 630-719-2468 ( Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
Cancellations made by September 27th are subject to a 10% administrative fee. No refunds after September 27.
Connect with trees and nature and spend a night under the stars on the beautiful grounds of the Arboretum during this adults-only nature retreat.
Research shows that time spent among the trees has clear benefits for our mental, emotional, and physical well-being. Set aside the daily grind and escape to nature! Slow down and connect with nature through hiking, journaling, and more. For those new to camping out, the Arboretum setting provides a safe and quiet place to experience the outdoors.
Bring your own picnic dinner to enjoy on Saturday evening.
Included in the fee are:
- a weekend full of nature programs including night hikes, bird walks, journaling, art, yoga, games, and more
- snacks and a delicious Sunday breakfast (bring your own picnic dinner on Saturday)
- the very special opportunity to spend the night at the Arboretum
- and of course, a campfire with plenty of s’mores!
A packing list will be provided and includes camping gear (tent and sleeping bag). A limited number of tents and sleeping bags are available to borrow.
- 4:00 p.m. Check in and set up camp
- 5:00 p.m. Welcome, dinner (bring your own picnic), and games/freetime
- 6:30 p.m. Keeping a Nature Journal
- 7:30 p.m. Guided Night Hike
- 9:00 p.m. S’mores and freetime
- 10:00 p.m. Lights out
- 7:00 a.m. Breakfast buffet (Served until 9am)
- 7:30 a.m. Sunrise Yoga OR Bird Walk
- 9:00 a.m. Art
- 11:00 a.m. Freetime, break camp
- Noon Depart
Notes: Programs will be held outdoors weather permitting. Snacks and Sunday breakfast are included; bring your own picnic dinner for Saturday evening. No alcohol please. Cancellations made by September 27th are subject to a 10% administrative fee. No refunds after September 27. Limit 40
Supplies: Basic camping gear, including a tent, sleeping bag, and flashlight required. Wear comfortable clothes. Bring a yoga mat if you have one. Bring insect repellent, sunscreen, a sunhat, and sturdy shoes for hiking. A limited number of tents and sleeping bags are available to borrow. Call the registrar’s office at 630-719-2468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve.