Schedule and location
- Section A: Friday, April 9, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Central Woodland Wildflowers
- Section B: Thursday, May 6, 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. Central Woodland and Prairie Wildflowers
Fees and registration
Wander through the ever-changing array of blooms in our woodlands and prairies in this virtual walk. Learn how to identify spring wildflowers, and hear about their folklore. In April, the woodlands begin to blossom with ephemerals, and weeks later, the prairie joins in the fun! Each session will cover what’s blooming in our local woodlands and prairies as the spring unfolds. Bring a friend and enjoy this fleeting spring pleasure, with new flowers revealing themselves each week.
How do I access the program?
- A link to join the program will be included in the Order Summary email you receive after registering. Keep this email handy!
- Click on the link at the scheduled date and time.
Cindy Crosby is the author, compiler, or contributor to more than 20 books, including "The Tallgrass Prairie: An Introduction," co-author of "Tallgrass Conversations: In Search of the Prairie Spirit" and author of "Chasing Dragonflies: A Natural and Cultural History" (Northwestern University Press, 2020). Cindy is a prairie steward at the Schulenberg Prairie and Nachusa Grasslands, and coordinates dragonfly monitoring programs at both sites. She earned a Master's Degree in Natural Resources at University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. She blogs each week at Tuesdays in the Tallgrass @Wordpress and teaches natural history and trains naturalists in the Chicago region. Find out more at www.cindycrosby.com.
- This program will take place using Zoom. You will need access to the internet via a computer or mobile device to participate.
- Registrants will receive a Zoom link by email. To ensure you receive the link, please add email@example.com to your address book. Click on the link to join the program at the scheduled date and time.
- New to Zoom? Watch this short video to learn how to join a Zoom meeting.