Schedule and location
9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Thornhill Picnic area, P-21
- Section C: Saturday, March 20, 2021 (SOLD OUT)
Please note: Early online registration is open February 24 through March 1 exclusively for Ginkgo Circle, Oak Circle, Hawthorn Circle, Elm Circle, and Thornhill Circle members. Registration opens to all members and guests on March 2.
- Section A: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 9:00 to 11:00 a.m., with Retta Hennessy at at P-8
- Section B: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 9:00 to 11:00 a.m., with Retta Hennessy at Big Rock Visitor Station (P13)
- Section C: Monday, June 14, 2021, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. with Laura Kamedulski at P-8 (SOLD OUT)
Are you interested in a longer walk? Take a look at our Three-Hour Forest Therapy Walk (Spring registration will open March 2021).
Fees and registration
Experience the healing and wellness-promoting effects of Shinrin-Yoku, the practice of bathing the senses in the atmosphere of the forest. Awaken your senses and reconnect with nature during these mindful walks with a certified Forest Therapy guide. No two walks are the same; visit different locations at The Morton Arboretum and enjoy a variety of awareness-raising exercises.
"’Forest bathing’ suggests to me a more casual experience among the trees, unburdened by expectations, oriented to simple pleasures." - Amos Clifford, Your Guide to Forest Bathing
Two-Hour Forest Therapy Walk
On the two-hour walk, you will experience a series of guided, gentle invitations to open the senses, cultivate presence and invite healing interactions between people and the natural world. Conclude with a tea ceremony, with tea made from edible plants foraged along the trail.
- If you are unwell, or have been in contact with someone who is unwell in the last two weeks, you must stay home. A full refund will be issued on request.
- Participants must wear face masks. Face masks are required while participating in Arboretum adult learning programs.
- Maintain a distance of six feet from others whenever possible.
- For more information on the Arboretum’s guidelines, please watch the video at https://www.mortonarb.org/visit-explore/plan-visit/know-you-go-visit-information.
Notes: Held entirely outdoors. Dressing in layers, and bringing a hat, scarf, gloves, and extra socks will help keep you comfortable for extended time outdoors. You may also wish to bring hand or toe warmers, and a blanket or sit pad.
Recommended ages: Ages 18 and over