Schedule and location
Registration will open Tuesday, November 19, 2019
- Monday, January 27, 2020, 11:59 p.m.: Registration closes
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 12:00 p.m.: Online materials become available
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m: In-person session at Thornhill Education Center
Fees and Registration
Learn to effectively and efficiently use the tools of the trade to tackle different restoration jobs. Get to know your tools, pick the right tools for the right tasks, and learn to use the different tools safely. We’ll discuss how to plan and run safe workdays, meet site safety guidelines, and how to care for equipment.
The online component of this class is self-guided and can be completed wherever you have access to a computer, at your own pace. Online assignments are due before the session.
Spencer Campbell has been teaching classes at the Arboretum since 2015.
- This class includes both online and in-person sessions. Online assignments must be completed before the in-person class.
- The online materials will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
- Participants will have access to the online materials for 60 days after the course start date.
- Please dress for the weather for the in-person class, with long sleeves and long pants/sturdy footwear.
- Limit 20
- Participants must have access to the internet and know how to use a web browser (ex: Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer)
- A unique email address for each participant is required at registration.
- Participants must know how to send and receive email.
Continuing education: This class fulfills a requirement for the Natural Areas Conservation Training (N-ACT) Program. (Learn more about N-ACT.) 3 Continuing Education Credits from the Society for Ecological Restoration (SER) are available.