Schedule and location
Three Thursdays, October 8 through 22, 2020, 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Fees and registration
Sumi-e is the Japanese word for “black ink painting” a style of art in which the brush strokes capture the spirit (Ch’i) of nature rather than a photographic likeness. Emphasis is placed on the beauty of each individual stroke of the brush.
Purchase your supplies before class, and then join your instructor and classmates for three live, online sessions including informative lectures, demonstrations, and practice time with feedback and support from your instructor. Learn to simplify a specimen into a few well placed strokes with this minimalist approach of brush painting. View examples of the art form and then try your hand at a simple brush painting.
Patricia Larkin Green is a sumi-e artist and oil painter who has won many awards for her work including the prestigious “Award of Excellence” from the Jade Buddha Temple, in AnShan City, China several years in a row. She has been teaching at Morton Arboretum since 2016. www.patricialarkingreen.com
- This program will take place using Zoom video conferencing. A link will be provided to all registrants by email. Registrants should click on the link to join the program at the scheduled date and time.
- New to Zoom? Watch this short video to learn how to join a webinar.
- Please add email@example.com to your address book. You will receive an email from this address with the link to join class.
- Registration closes five hours before class begins. Participants will need access to the internet via a computer or mobile device.
- Registration closes five hours before class begins.
- Limit 16
- No art experience necessary.
- Click here for the supply list.