Schedule and location
Please note: Early online spring registration is open February 24 through March 1 exclusively for Ginkgo Circle, Oak Circle, Hawthorn Circle, Elm Circle, and Thornhill Circle members. Registration opens to all members and guests on March 2.
Three Wednesdays, April 21, 28, and May 5, 2021
6:30 to 8:00 p.m. Central
Fees and registration
Supplement your diet with fresh edibles grown in your home garden. Throughout this three-week online course, Kasey Eaves, owner of Vivant Gardening Services, will equip new gardeners with the knowledge needed to start growing vegetables and other edibles. By the end of the course, you’ll know what you need to do to plant and care for your new edible garden.
In this interactive online course, you will learn how to:
- Choose the right spot for your new garden.
- Prepare the space so it’s ready for growing.
- Choose easy-to-grow plants that are best suited for your space, skills, and tastes.
- Care for your plants throughout the year.
- Identify and solve common problems such as those caused by pests, over- or underwatering, lighting, and soil issues.
Open to new gardeners, wannabe gardeners, and seasoned green thumbs alike, this overview of the home kitchen garden will leave you excited for summer’s bounty and ready to plant!
How do I access the program?
- A link to join the program will be included in the Order Summary email you receive after registering. Keep this email handy!
- Click on the link at the scheduled date and time.
Kasey Bersett Eaves started growing edibles and her treasured sunflowers at age two on family farm property in Southern Illinois. She hasn't sat down since! Just kidding … Now, as owner of Vivant Gardening Services, she spends her days making gardening with edibles, natives and pollinator plants approachable to area residents, restaurants, schools, and more. Never daunted by the task of growing in a city's unusual spaces, Kasey loves finding creative and easily maintained growing solutions for city dwellers.
- This program will take place using Zoom. You will need access to the internet via a computer or mobile device to participate.
- Registrants will receive a Zoom link by email. To ensure you receive the link, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book. Click on the link to join the program at the scheduled date and time.
- New to Zoom? Watch this short video to learn how to join a Zoom meeting.