Schedule and location
Thursday, May 6, 2021, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., (SOLD OUT)
Saturdays, May 8 and 22, 2021, 8:00 to 11:30 a.m.
Thornhill Picnic Shelter (P-21)
Fees and registration
ONLINE: (SOLD OUT)
BY PHONE: 630-719-2468 or to be waitlisted ( Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
In this focused workshop, enjoy the spring warbler migration while learning about identification, arrival dates, migration patterns, habitat preferences, and daily feeding techniques. Brightly colored warblers are one of the highlights of spring - time to dust off and improve those identification skills!
- If you are unwell, or have been in contact with someone who is unwell in the last two weeks, you must stay home. A full refund will be issued on request.
- Participants must wear face masks. Face masks are required while participating in Arboretum adult learning programs.
- Maintain a distance of six feet from others whenever possible.
- For more information on the Arboretum’s guidelines, please watch the video at https://www.mortonarb.org/visit-explore/plan-visit/know-you-go-visit-information.
Denis Kania has been teaching ecology and bird related classes for the Morton Arboretum since 1997. When he is not teaching he is bird monitoring at Fermilab or traveling to the friendly corners of the world in search of birds that he has not seen before.
- Notes: Held outdoors. Please dress for the weather and for hiking on uneven terrain during the Friday field sessions.
- Supplies: On Fridays, please bring binoculars, your favorite field guide, water and a snack.