Schedule and Location
Thursday, April 11, 2019, 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Thornhill Education Center
Fees and Registration
Find out how you can tap into solar energy at home, even if you have large shade trees. In this discussion with Illinois Solar Energy Association ambassador Jeff Gahris, you will learn
- how solar energy works in Illinois
- the benefits and challenges of residential solar energy
- the upfront costs and long-terms savings, including current financial incentives in Illinois
- Considerations for properties with shade trees
- resources for finding reputable installers
You’ll also learn about the growth of “community solar,” a unique solution for homeowners who want solar energy without installing residential panels.
Jeff Gahris’ interest in solar probably goes back to when he was a young boy who liked to play with electricity. Now he is a semi-retired environmental engineer with a passion for protecting the environment for future generations. As an environmental advocate, Jeff sees the value of solar energy as part of an environmentally and economically viable solution to America’s energy needs. Additionally, using solar increased his awareness of how he consumes electricity. He and his wife Bonnie have reduced electrical household demand substantially through energy efficiency and conservation measures.
Notes: Held indoors. Limit 20