Schedule and Location
- Online component begins Tuesday, February 26, 2019, noon
- In-person classes meet Tuesday, March 5, 19, and April 2, 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- Thornhill Education Center
Fees and Registration
Learn the nuts and bolts of excellent nature writing and improve your wordsmithing skills in this blended online and in-person course.
Whether you’re a blogger, a novelist, a poet, or simply enjoy keeping a personal journal, writing is a fun and meaningful way to deepen your connection to the natural world. In this class, you will:
- Learn from the masters by reading classic nature writing--non-fiction, fiction, poetry and more--and dig into it to see what makes it work.
- Learn to engage your audience through your choices as a writer and develop your personal voice.
- Hone your writing skills by practicing a variety of nature writing techniques.
- Cultivate the habit of writing regularly.
- Learn how to give and receive constructive critique.
The same qualities of good writing apply to everything from blogs to books. No matter your background or interest, join us, and become the writer you always dreamed you could be!
Notes: Online available at noon on Tuesday, February 26. Limit 16