Schedule and location
Available online anytime.
You will have access to the online material for 30 days after enrolling.
Or register at this link for the in-person orientation. The next in-person session is Tuesday, March 31, 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
Fees and Registration
Join us for a FREE orientation to the Natural Areas Conservation Training (N-ACT) Program in ecological restoration. Get information on how you can volunteer to help make a difference in the woodlands, prairies, and wetlands in your community and at the Arboretum, and how our classes that include learning online and in the field can help you get started. You can complete this online orientation on your own schedule.
Interested in an in-person orientation? Join us at the Arboretum to discuss the education and volunteer aspects of the training program with Arboretum staff. In-Person Orientation
Notes: Limit 100 for online session
- This class is held entirely online
- The online materials will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- You will receive an email with your access to the course approximately one hour after enrolling
- You will have access to the online material for 30 days after enrolling
- Participants must have access to the internet and know how to use a web browser (ex: Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer)
- A unique email address for each participant is required at registration.
- Participants must know how to send and receive email.