Schedule and location
Please note: Early online registration is open February 24 through March 1 exclusively for Ginkgo Circle, Oak Circle, Hawthorn Circle, Elm Circle, and Thornhill Circle members. Registration opens to all members and guests on March 2.
Wednesday, June 23, 2021, 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Big Rock Visitor Station
Fees and registration
Enrich your understanding of our local natural areas by learning to identify the most common native plants you’re likely to encounter. Colorful flowers and swaying grasses change from day to day in the Arboretum’s prairies, woodlands, and wetlands. Head outdoors with an expert and learn to identify some of the native stars of our natural areas.
Note: The June session will cover woodland plants. Look for classes in July and August covering wetland and prairie plants (available for registration in June 2021).
This class is great for the beginner or for any naturalist looking to brush up on native plant ID.
- If you are unwell, or have been in contact with someone who is unwell in the last two weeks, you must stay home. A full refund will be issued on request.
- Participants must bring face masks. Face masks are required while participating in Arboretum adult learning programs.
- Maintain a distance of six feet from others whenever possible.
- For more information on the Arboretum’s guidelines, please watch the video at https://www.mortonarb.org/visit-explore/plan-visit/know-you-go-visit-information.
- Notes: Held outdoors. Please dress for the weather and for walking in tall grass.
- Supplies: Please bring your hat and water bottle and wear sun and insect protection. A hand lens and your favorite field guide will be useful (some will be available to borrow).
- Arboretum class weather, cancellation and refund policies