Schedule and location
Thursday, July 9, 2020
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Fees and Registration
Learn about iNaturalist, a community science platform and global network of people like you making observations of their local nature. See how amateurs and professionals alike are sharing their observations of flora and fauna, getting help with species identification, and using iNaturalist data for conservation planning, nature education, monitoring, and research.
This live, online workshop is for anyone new to using iNaturalist such as educators, stewards, professionals, or the general public. We'll go over how to most effectively use the mobile app and website, including indoor and outdoor classroom instruction.
- This program will take place using Zoom video conferencing. Participants will need access to the internet via a computer or mobile device.
- New to Zoom? Watch this short video to learn how to join a webinar.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book. You will receive an email from this address with the link to join class.
- A link will be provided to all registrants by email. Click on the link to join the program at the scheduled date and time.
- Before class, install the iNaturalist app on your smartphone (and/or be prepared upload a photo or two from your digital camera to the iNaturalist.org website).
- Create an account, write down your username, and try adding an observation of a wild plant or animal to iNaturalist before the workshop. Find your instructor on iNaturalist, username @bouteloua
- Registration closes five hours before class begins.
- Limit 75