Schedule and location
Saturday, June 12, 2021
9:00 to 11:00 a.m. Central
Fees and registration
Learn about iNaturalist, a community science platform and global network of people like you making observations of their local nature. See how amateurs and professionals alike are sharing their observations of flora and fauna, getting help with species identification, and using iNaturalist data for conservation planning, nature education, monitoring, and research. We'll go over how to most effectively use the mobile app and website.
This live, online workshop is for anyone new to using iNaturalist such as educators, stewards, professionals, or the general public.
How do I access the program?
- A link to join the program will be included in the Order Summary email you receive after registering. Keep this email handy!
- Click on the link at the scheduled date and time.
Ccassi Saari is a field botanist and ecological consultant in the Chicago region with expertise in habitat restoration design and monitoring, from areas that stretch hundreds of acres to urban backyards. She is the President of the Northeast Chapter of the Illinois Native Plant Society and a Curator on iNaturalist, a biodiversity database where anyone can share their nature observations to get help with identification and contribute to science.
- This program will take place using Zoom. You will need access to the internet via a computer or mobile device to participate.
- Registrants will receive a Zoom link by email. To ensure you receive the link, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book. Click on the link to join the program at the scheduled date and time.
- New to Zoom? Watch this short video to learn how to join a Zoom meeting.