Schedule and location
Four days: Thursdays, April 15 through May 6, 2021, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Central
Online (SOLD OUT)
Fees and registration
BY PHONE: 630-719-2468 or to b e waitlisted ( Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
Discover a fresh, fluid way to loosen up with watercolors to capture the vibrancy of nature… and have fun while doing it! This four-week class is designed specifically for the casual beginner OR the frustrated novice who wants to let go of “perfect” but still achieve expressive images of nature. Set aside strict botanical accuracy and experiment with lively color and loose brush strokes that allow your subject to jump off the page.
In the first week, Dan will present the lively and spirited nature of watercolor. He will then support his lesson with a full painting demonstration. At the end of the first session, Dan will distribute a simple photo reference, with a line drawing so you can complete your watercolor at home, on your own schedule. Email a photo of your work and send it to Dan for a casual and helpful review of everybody’s artwork during week two. Continue learning and practicing in weeks three and four, with a new demo of techniques, practice, and review.
Be ready for a QUICK, LOOSE, and FUN new watercolor experience. You can do no wrong... only
How do I access the program?
- Your link to join the program will be included in the Order Summary email you receive after registering. Keep this email handy!
- Click on the link at the scheduled date and time.
After studying under renowned Irving Shapiro at The American Academy of Art, Daniel Danielson continued on to an exciting career as a creative director in Chicago. Soon after retiring, he began painting and teaching full-time. Dan’s painting style captures the fresh, transparent, and fluid qualities of watercolor, while his teaching style makes painting fun. He is an award-winning Signature Member of The Transparent Watercolor Society of America and a board member of The Illinois Watercolor Society.
Prerequisite: Intro to Watercolor or equivalent experience recommended.
- Participants will provided a supply list upon registration, and will include basic watercolor supplies such as brushes, paper, and paints.
- This program will take place using Zoom. You will need access to the internet via a computer or mobile device to participate.
- Registrants will receive a Zoom link by email. To ensure you receive the link, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book. Click on the link to join the program at the scheduled date and time.
- New to Zoom? Watch this short video to learn how to join a Zoom meeting.