Schedule and location
Please note: Please call the 630-719-2468 to be added to a waitlist if a section is sold out.
Thornhill Shelter (near P-21)
9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Section C: Monday, February 17, 2020
- Section E: Monday, March 16, 2020
- Section D: Saturday, February 15, 2020-sold out
- Section F: Saturday, March 21, 2020-sold out
Fees and Registration
Experience the healing and wellness-promoting effects of Shinrin-Yoku, the practice of bathing the senses in the atmosphere of the forest. Take a mindful walk with a certified Forest Therapy guide on a trail at the Morton Arboretum as you awaken your senses and reconnect with nature. The walks will visit different locations at the Arboretum and will include a variety of awareness-raising exercises. The walks will conclude with tea made from edible plants foraged along the trail.
Brenda has been guiding Forest Therapy walks at The Morton Arboretum since 2015. She is also an assistant trainer and mentor for The Association of Nature and Forest Therapy Guides and Programs. She has been a member of The Morton Arboretum and volunteer since 1994. She has earned certificates in Botanical Art and Illustration and Natural History. She also has a Bachelor of Arts in Art from Northern Illinois University and a Certificate in Sustainable Landscapes from College of DuPage.
- Notes: Held entirely outdoors, rain or shine. Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes. Limit 15
- Supplies: Dress for the outdoors; we’ll be spending the entire time outside. Layers recommended: a light synthetic layer closest to your skin,fleece or sweater, and warm coat, warm pants, heavy wool socks and waterproof, insulated shoes or boots. Hat, scarf and gloves also recommended. Water or a warm drink, snack also suggested. Optional suggestions; mat or portable camp chair, journals and/ or sketchbooks.