Schedule and Location
- Section A: Monday, January 14, 2019, 9:30 to 11:15 a.m.
- Section B: Monday, February 4, 2019, 9:30 to 11:15 a.m.
- Section C: Monday, March 11, 2019, 9:30 to 11:15 a.m.
- Section D: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 9:30 to 11:15 a.m. (SOLD OUT)
- Section E: Saturday, February 16, 2019, 9:30 to 11:15 a.m.
- Section F: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 9:30 to 11:15 a.m.
Fees and Registration
Experience the healing and wellness-promoting effects of Shinrin-Yoku, the practice of bathing the senses in the atmosphere of the forest. Take a mindful walk with a certified Forest Therapy guide on a trail at the Morton Arboretum as you awaken your senses and reconnect with nature. The walks will visit different locations at the Arboretum and will include a variety of awareness-raising exercises. The walks will conclude with tea made from edible plants foraged along the trail.
- Notes: Held entirely outdoors, rain or shine. Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes. Max 15.
- Supplies: Dress for the outdoors; we’ll be spending the entire time outside. Layers recommended: a light synthetic layer closest to your skin,fleece or sweater, and warm coat, warm pants, heavy wool socks and waterproof, insulated shoes or boots. Hat, scarf and gloves also recommended. Water or a warm drink, snack also suggested. Optional suggestions; mat or portable camp chair, journals and/ or sketchbooks.
- Arboretum class weather, cancellation and refund policies