Schedule and location
Section A: Basic Urban Forestry: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Section B: Basic Chainsaw: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Elburn Public Works
422 E. North St. Elburn, IL 60119
*Additional parking is located at the Village Hall next door if needed.
Fees and registration
Section A: (SOLD OUT)
Section B: (SOLD OUT)
BY PHONE: 630-719-2468 or to be waitlisted (Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
The Chicago Region Trees Initiative has developed a two day, hands on, training event for non-forestry professionals who work with trees. Not sure whether you fall into this category? Do you maintain streets, utilities, or infrastructure around trees? Have you ever had to plant or prune trees, but you've never been trained on best forestry management practices? Do you have trouble answering your clients' questions about tree management?
If you've answered yes to any of these questions, you could benefit from participation in CRTI's Urban Forestry Basic Training. Our expert-led sessions will include important forestry topics such as safety, tree selection, planting and pruning, the importance of roots and bark, providing proper tree care, and avoiding tree damage during construction. The second optional day is focused on chainsaw basics-safety, care, and best management practices for felling trees.
- If you are unwell, or have been in contact with someone who is unwell in the last two weeks, you must stay home. A full refund will be issued on request.
- Participants must wear face masks.
- Maintain a distance of six feet from others whenever possible.
- Notes: Indoors and outdoors, fee includes lunch each day. Limit 30
- Supplies: Students should come prepared to take notes and practice pruning and planting trees.