Schedule and location
South Suburban College on Wednesday and Thursday, August 28 and 29, 2019
South Holland Campus
15800 S. State St.
South Holland, IL 60473
- Section A: Two Day-08-28 to 08-29-Basic Urban Forestry and Chainsaw Workshop
- Section B: 1st Day Only-08-28-Basic Urban Forestry Workshop-8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Section C: 2nd Day Only-08-29-Basic Chainsaw Workshop-8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
John A Logan College on Wednesday and Thursday, October 9 and 10, 2019
Hancock Conference Center, Building F, Room F119
700 Logan College Rd
Carterville, IL 62918
*Park in Lot D
- Section A: Two Day-10-09 and 10-10-Basic Urban Forestry and Chainsaw Workshop
- Section B: 1st Day Only-10-09-Basic Urban Forestry Workshop-8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Section C: 2nd Day Only-10-10-Basic Chainsaw Workshop-8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Fees and Registration
The Chicago Region Trees Initiative has developed a full day, hands on training event for non-forestry professionals who work with trees. Not sure whether you fall into this category? Do you maintain streets, utilities, or infrastructure around trees? Have you ever had to plant or prune trees, but you've never been trained on best forestry management practices? Do you have trouble answering your clients' questions about tree management?
If you've answered yes to any of these questions, you could benefit from participation in CRTI's Urban Forestry Basic Training. Our expert-led sessions will include important forestry topics such as safety, tree selection, planting and pruning, the importance of roots and bark, providing proper tree care, and avoiding tree damage during construction. Each day costs $25 separately, or register for both for just $30. The event fee covers coffee and lunch each day, plus trees for the planting practice and training materials.
- Notes: Indoors and outdoors, fee includes lunch each day. Limit 40
- Supplies: Students should come prepared to take notes and practice pruning and planting trees.