Schedule and Location
Saturday, 8:00 to 10:30 a.m.
- Section A: April 20, 2019, with Phyllis Mertz at Thornhill Shelter
- Section B: International Migratory Bird Day. May 11, 2019 with Vicky Sroczynski at Big Rock Visitor Station
- Section C: May 18, 2019 with Jay Sturner at Thornhill Shelter
- Section D: June 15, 2019 with Jay Sturner at Thornhill Shelter
Saturdays, 8:00 to 10:30 a.m.
Thornhill Shelter, P-21
- Section A: July 20, 2019 with Jay Sturner
- Section B: August 17, 2019 with Vicky Sroczynski
- Section C: September 21, 2019 with Phyllis Mertz
Fees and Registration
Search the woods, fields, and edges of the Arboretum for birds. Join us to learn about migrants and year-round resident birds with an expert guide. Please be prepared to spend most of the class outdoors; no prior experience in birding is necessary.
- Notes: Held entirely outdoors. Please dress for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes. Limit 20
- Supplies: Binoculars and a field guide will be useful. A small number of binoculars will be available for check out on a first come first served basis.
- Recommended ages: Children ages 12 and up welcome with adult registrant.