Schedule and Location
Thornhill Education Center (register now)
- Section A: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 8:00 to 10:30 a.m. with Phyllis Mertz (CANCELED)
- Section B: Saturday, February 16, 2019, 8:00 to 10:30 a.m. with Jay Sturner
- Section C: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 8:00 to 10:30 a.m. with Ron Skleney
Locations Varies (registration opens February 19)
- Section A: April 20 with Phyllis Mertz at Thornhill Shelter
- Section B: May 11 with Vicky Sroczynski at Big Rock Visitor Station
- Section C: May 18 with Jay Sturner at Thornhill Shelter
- Section D: June 15 with Jay Sturner at Thornhill Shelter
Fees and Registration
Search the woods, fields, and edges of the Arboretum for birds. Join us to learn about migrants and year-round resident birds with an expert guide. Please be prepared to spend most of the class outdoors; no prior experience in birding is necessary.
- Notes: Held entirely outdoors. Please dress for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes. Limit 20
- Supplies: Binoculars and a field guide will be useful. A small number of binoculars will be available for check out on a first come first served basis.
- Recommended ages: Children ages 12 and up welcome with adult registrant.