Schedule and location
Access self-paced materials online within one hour of registration. Available for 60 days.
Fees and registration
Learn to identify the common trees you see in local preserves or in your neighborhood in this self-guided online class from The Morton Arboretum. In this course, you will
- use characteristics such as leaves, bark, branches, flowers, and fruit to ID a tree.
- learn to use keys and field guides.
- see and understand your natural surroundings in a new way, from the comfort of your home or office.
How self-paced Online Classes Work:
- To access the class, you will log into TreeLearning, the Arboretum’s online learning portal. Instructions for accessing TreeLearning will be sent to registrants by email from email@example.com following registration. You have access to the course for 60 days and can complete the materials anytime.
- Complete the self-paced e-learning modules with reading material, short videos, interactive activities, and quizzes to check your understanding.
- The course will take approximately 90 minutes. The course does not need to be completed in one sitting.
- Your instructor will not be online with you.
- Want to take this class in-person? Check out Basic Tree ID (In-person).
- This class is held entirely online.
- The online materials will take approximately 90 minutes to complete.
- Participants will have access to the online materials for 60 days after the course start date.
- Participants must have access to the internet and know how to use a web browser (ex: Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer)
- Participants must know how to send and receive email.
- A unique email address for each participant is required at registration.