Schedule and location
Thursday, March 25, 2021, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.: Attend live session online. Register now (SOLD OUT)
Fees and registration
BY PHONE: 630-719-2468 or to be waitlisted (Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
Pour a glass of your favorite beverage, and follow along as we paint a cheerful floral wreath in this live, online class. Learn basic color mixing and how to paint a variety of flower shapes and leaves. Personalize your wreath with a monogram or simple lettering. Get encouraging guidance from your instructor while you work.
You’ll need to gather a simple list of supplies that you can use for this class, and will inspire your next project, too!
Explore your creative side and learn a few things, too!
Carrie Carlson earned an MFA in Scientific Illustration at the University of Michigan and an MA in Printmaking from Governors State University. She is a full-time high school art teacher. In her free time, she loves to fill up travel sketchbooks and grow a rowdy garden.
- This program will take place using Zoom video conferencing. A link will be provided to all registrants by email. Registrants should click on the link to join the program at the scheduled date and time.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book. You will receive an email from this address with the link to join class.
- Participants will need access to the internet via a computer or mobile device.
- Limit 35
Supplies: You’ll need to gather some supplies before class. Make sure you have:
- A few watercolor paints (a red, a yellow, and a blue would be ideal, but we’ll work with whatever you have)
- A sheet (or two) of 15”X22” watercolor paper (like this)
- At least one round watercolor brush (size 4, 6, or 8 is great!)
- A water cup
- Paper towels
- Masking tape or painter’s tape
- A sturdy piece of cardboard or board to tape your paper to
- A pencil
- If you don’t have any watercolor supplies, you can purchase everything you need for about $15. Pick up a beginner’s kit, such as the Faber-Castell Watercolor Art for Beginners Kit, which includes paint, a brush, and paper).
- Questions about supplies? Email your instructor, Carrie, at email@example.com