Leafing Through the Pages - Members' Book Club
For a morning of community, connectivity and spirited discussion, join Leafing Through the Pages, the Sterling Morton Library's book discussion group. Meeting on the second Thursday of every month from 10 a.m. until noon in the Library, this group explores works of fiction and non-fiction relating to natural history, ecology, and gardens. Participants need to obtain books and read each month's selection prior to the gathering to fully share in the discussion.
Not a member of the Arboretum? Join today. If you are an Arboretum member and would like more information about Leafing Through the Pages, contact Rita Hassert at email@example.com or 630-719-2430.
2014 Reading and Viewing List
- January 9 – Caputo, Philip. The Longest Road : overland in search of America from Key West to the Arctic Ocean, 2013.
- February 13 – Mowat, Farley. Never Cry Wolf, 1963.
- March 13 – Katz, Jon. The Dogs of Bedlam Farm : an Adventure with Sixteen sheep, Three Dogs, Two Donkeys, and Me, 2005.
- April 10 – A Man Named Pearl, 2008. – Viewing of this film to begin at 10 a.m.
- May 8 – Crane, Peter. Ginkgo: The Tree That Time Forgot, 2013.
- June 12 – Heinrich, Bernd. Mind of the Raven, 2009.
- July 10 – Gilbert, Elizabeth. The Signature of All Things, 2013.
- August 14 – Gould, James and Carol. Nature's Compass: the mystery of animal migration, 2012.
- September 11 – Greenberg, Joel. A Feathered River Across the Sky: The Passenger Pigeon's Flight to Extinction, 2014.
- October 9 – Ehrlich, Gretel. The Solace of Open Spaces, 1985.
- November 13 – Stegner, Wallace. Wolf Willow : a history, a story, and a memory of the last plains frontier, 1962.
- December 11 – Holden, Edith. The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady, originally published in 1906.