Make a lasting impression on any child with an event held at The Morton Arboretum. Private party venues are available year-round with themes and activities to dazzle children.
April through October
The upper deck of the Children's Garden picnic area can be reserved for parties (up to 50 people) from April through October. Party reservation includes admission to the Arboretum for party guests, use of the picnic space for two hours (10 a.m.-noon or 1:30-3:30 p.m.), and optional party activities for an additional fee. Outdoor party hosts may use Arboretum catering or bring their own food (no deliveries allowed).
Basic party rental cost
Weekends and holidays: $325 member, $400 nonmember
Weekdays: $265 member, $325 nonmember
November through March
Children's indoor winter parties are held November through March in the Outpost near the Thornhill Education Center. Winter parties include admission for up to 40 guests (children and adults), use of the outpost for two hours (between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.), and a 45 minute winter-themed activity. Parties are held every day, subject to room availability. Hosts may use the Arboretum catering or bring their own food (no deliveries allowed).
Winter party rental cost
A thirty minute themed activity and a take home craft are led by a Children's Garden staff member. Summer themes are available April through September. Winter themes are available November through March.
- Enchanted Garden—Embark on a scavenger hunt to uncover all of the tiny treasures that a garden can hold and create an enchanted garden of your own.
- Bug Bash—Explore the world of our six-legged friends as you engage in an insect investigation!
- Party Animals—Play "Party Animal Hide and Seek," touch real animal specimens, and make your own garden critter mask to take home.
- Nature Superheroes—Can you run faster than a fox? Jump farther than a rabbit? Find camouflaged villains? Discover your superpowers on an epic nature adventure!
- Birding Bonanza—Winter is for the birds! Create a tempting treat to attract birds to your yard and test your birding skills on a guided hike.
- Winter Expedition—Explore the winter wilds of the Arboretum with handy expedition equipment!
Up to 20 children: $75
More than 20 children: $100
(Free with winter party rentals)
Fire with S'mores
Children's Garden staff will light a fire in the enclosed picnic shelter fireplace and provide marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers for a tasty winter treat. This option is available November through March.
Fire with S'mores cost
Up to 20 children: $50
More than 20 children: $75
Garden Party Favor Bags
Favor bags are available for all rentals.
$5 per bag
Plan your party
Call 630-725-2044 for the Arboretum's Aramark Catering
Hosting a party in the Visitor's Center? Consider enhancing your event with an after-hours rental of the Children's Garden!
For more information or to plan your party, call 630-725-2038 or email email@example.com.