Calendar of events
- Explore a dazzling collection of 4,000 hand-blown glass pumpkins and other autumnal designs in mesmerizing colors, shapes, and sizes. At The Morton Arboretum, October 14-18, 2015
- Looking for a unique experience in the Children’s Garden? Rent a self-guided family backpack and enhance your visit. Available daily, April-October, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Find out where spiders live and how they help our gardens. Weekdays in October, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Weekends in October, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The exhibit features artifacts from the library’s special collection relating to famous plant hunters, and it explores modern conservation efforts by scientists at the Arboretum. Tuesdays-Saturdays, during regular library hours.
- Explore nine miles of paved roads that wind through our magnificent tree collections. Saturdays & Sundays, September 12 - October 25, 2015. 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Weekends in October the Children Garden hosts Trick or Trees. 11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- What will nature inspire you to build with LEGO bricks? Building gardens, weekends in September 2015. Building spiders, weekends in October. 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Experience the theater on nature's stage as plays based on literary tales are presented during hikes through the scenic landscape of The Morton Arboretum. Weekends, July 5-October 31, 2015 and Columbus Day, 2015. No performances September 5 & 6