Explore the winter landscape with an expert guide, learn to identify the birds that overwinter in Illinois, and discuss their behaviors and natural history. Saturday, February 21 and March 21, 2015, 9:00-11:30 a.m.
Calendar of events
- When there is four inches or more of snow on the ground at The Morton Arboretum, trails are available to cross-country ski or snowshoe through a winter wonderland. Weekdays: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Weekends: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Whether you are starting your first vegetable garden or incorporating food plants into an existing ornamental landscape, the Arboretum has unique, creative solutions for you. 5 Saturdays, March 7-28 and April 11, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Enter a tree village that's filled with adventure and imagination. Play, make believe, and become part of the trees' ever-changing tale. Daily, 7:00 a.m.-sunset
- The Perennial Plant Association and The Morton Arboretum are teaming up to offer a day-long symposium entitled, ‘Ready! Set! Garden!’
- Join us in the Children's Garden for winter time fun! We'll set out activities to complement the day. Available daily in the Children’s Garden from 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., January-February, 2015. Weather permitting