Experience the theater on nature's stage as plays based on literary tales are presented during hikes through the scenic landscape of The Morton Arboretum. Weekends, July-October and Columbus Day, 2014.
Calendar of events
- Experience the beauty of the Arboretum's 1,700 acres on a guided tram tour.
- Discover the many varieties of trees or plants that can be dwarfed to an artistic shape by special methods of growing, pruning, and training. At The Morton Arboretum, August 2 & 3, 10:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Shop The Arboretum Store’s many great deals at the annual clearance sale, July 25-August 24, at The Morton Arboretum.
- Join us as we explore the diverse culture of Asia through live music, authentic dance performances, Asian-inspired fare, and much more! August 2-3 at The Morton Arboretum.
- Drop-in & Family Adventure Programs. In the Children's Garden of The Morton Arboretum. Now-October, program times vary.
- Celebrate art in nature with live artistic demonstrations and start your own nature art collection as you travel to mini workshops throughout the garden. August 2-3 at The Morton Arboretum.
- Enjoy bicycling, at The Morton Arboretum, in an "auto-free zone" on select days spring through fall.
- Have a TREE-mendous summer at The Morton Arboretum with exciting new and returning events for kids, families, and adults. Dates vary throughout the summer of 2014.
- Join us as we celebrate art in nature. Saturday, August 2-Sunday August 3, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Enter a tree village that's filled with adventure and imagination. Play, make believe, and become part of the trees' ever-changing tale. Daily, 7:00 a.m.-sunset
- Come learn about the gifts that the world's endangered trees give us—and how you can join the Arboretum in saving them. Daily, 7:00 a.m. - sunset
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast at The Morton Arboretum in the scenic Ginkgo Restaurant! Saturdays & Sundays, 9:00-11:00 a.m.