The Sterling Morton Library is turning 50! To celebrate, this exhibit will showcase 50 rare and unique objects from the library's collections, each with a special story to tell. Tuesdays-Saturdays, NOW-December 28, during regular library hours.
Calendar of events
- Can you find all of the gnomes hiding in The Morton Arboretum's Children's Garden? Daily, November-February, times vary
- Take a 15-minute guided glimpse into the world of outdoor play. At The Morton Arboretum, December-February, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays. 11:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m.
- Enter a tree village that's filled with adventure and imagination. Play, make believe, and become part of the trees' ever-changing tale. Daily, 7:00 a.m.-sunset
- Come learn about the gifts that the world's endangered trees give us—and how you can join the Arboretum in saving them. Daily, 7:00 a.m. - sunset
- Search the woods, fields, and edges of The Morton Arboretum for fall birds with an expert guide. Saturdays, dates vary, through December, 8:00-10:00 a.m.
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast at The Morton Arboretum in the scenic Ginkgo Restaurant! Saturdays & Sundays, 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Shop through a dazzling and colorful array of sparkling treasures at the Patricia Locke jewelry trunk show at The Arboretum Store inside The Morton Arboretum. December 7, noon-3 p.m.