The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for May 23, 2014.
Articles and stories
- LISLE, Ill. (May 22, 2014) — Get ready for a Tree-mendous Summer at The Morton Arboretum! The Morton Arboretum is celebrating summer with a slate of new events and returning favorites for all ages and interests. From reliving the nostalgia of a drive-in movie to a series of new festivals highlighting cultures around the world, the Arboretum is the place to be this summer.
- The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for May 16, 2014.
- LISLE, Ill. (May 15, 2014) – On Saturday, May 10, more than 300 guests supported the tree-focused work of The Morton Arboretum during the annual fundraising Dinner Party that this year featured the theme of Art & Science. The event raised $230,000 in support of the Arboretum’s programs and its mission to save and plant trees for a greener, healthier, and more beautiful world.
- LISLE, Ill. (May 12, 2014)— The Morton Arboretum has released a new handbook, “Retrofitting Large Landscapes for Sustainability,” offering industry professionals guidelines and ideas to help incorporate sustainable practices into landscape design. Developed for property managers, homeowner associations, school and park district boards and other stewards of large properties, the free manual highlights cost-effective ways to make landscapes easier to maintain, while reducing landscapes’ adverse impacts on the environment. In addition, the handbook addresses alternatives to chemical treatments as well as the importance of selecting plants to suit the given climate and conditions.
- LISLE, Ill. (May 8, 2014) — Each spring, trees, shrubs, bulbs and wildflowers bloom throughout the The Morton Arboretum’s 1,700 acres. Ed Hedborn, Manager of Plant Records, reports on what’s blooming each week throughout the season. Parking lots listed are along the Arboretum’s paved roads; some locations are within a short walk of the parking lots along paved or mulched trails. Take a springtime stroll and enjoy all the spectacle of spring at the Arboretum. For the latest updates on what’s blooming at the Arboretum, call the Bloom 'n Color Hotline at 630-719-7955.