The Morton Arboretum is recognizing Endangered Species Day, Friday, May 15, and Plant Conservation Day, Monday, May 18, with four days of specially-themed activities and programs.
Articles and stories
- Each spring, trees, shrubs, bulbs and wildflowers bloom throughout the The Morton Arboretum’s 1,700 acres. Ed Hedborn, Manager of Plant Records, reports on what’s blooming each week throughout the season. For the latest updates on what’s blooming at the Arboretum, call the Bloom 'n Color Hotline at 630-719-7955.
- Chicago and its seven surrounding counties have more than 150 million trees – trees that make our communities healthier, more sustainable and more beautiful. Yet Chicago-area trees are under threat, with one of every five parkway trees likely to soon be destroyed by the emerald ash borer beetle.
- The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for May 1, 2015.
- This year, The Morton Arboretum celebrated its signature holiday, Arbor Day, with a host of exciting events.
- Trees need champions every day. How can you stand up for trees? Here are some concrete suggestions for how you can help the trees in your yard, your neighborhood, and your community.