The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for June 13, 2014.
Articles and stories
- Lisle, Ill. (June 11, 2014) – From November 21, 2014-January 3, 2015, the grounds of The Morton Arboretum will again glow with dazzling LED lights and trees that respond to touch and sound, as Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum makes its return. More than 88,000 visitors took part in Illumination’s inaugural season, to witness a wintertime experience far beyond traditional twinkling lights – a mile-long walk through a virtual kaleidoscope of color and light among the Arboretum’s towering trees.
- The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for June 6, 2014.
- The Scouting report of The Morton Arboretum for May 30, 2014.
- Wind rustles darkened tree branches, a faraway owl hoots, stars wink overhead — it’s night time at The Morton Arboretum. Most visitors only see the Arboretum during the day, but this summer, a special group of families will have the chance to enjoy the sights and sounds of our grounds after dark.
- The Chicagoland Daylily Society will hold its annual flower show July 19 and 20, 2014, at The Morton Arboretum. Society members will bring their blooms to compete for prizes. Arboretum visitors are invited to vote for Best in Group and Best in Show awards. Admission to the show is free with Arboretum admission. The show also is an excellent opportunity for gardeners to learn more about growing these tough, adaptable, long-lived perennials.