Articles and stories
- Many have asked how the Arboretum created Illumination, our first-ever lights event. To bring our vision to life, the Arboretum partnered with top lighting design firm Lightswitch, a company that’s created lighting experiences for institutions around the world, including Virgin Galactic and the 75th Anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge. We sat down with John Featherstone, Founder and Principal at Lightswitch to give our readers an inside look at the creation of this exhibition.
- The same pots that burst with bright annuals this summer can provide color, texture, and interest this winter, according to Abigail Rea, manager of horticulture at The Morton Arboretum. Many of the materials can be found right in your garden. Rea offers tips for interesting holiday containers.
- The Chicagoland media is already abuzz about Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum. Read our rave reviews then come experience it for yourself.
- Illumination will engage your senses with dazzling projections, trees that respond to your touch and sound, and vivid, electric colors throughout.
- Stressed and looking for a prescription for tranquility? Consider a long quiet walk through the woods.
LISLE, IL. (November 13, 2013) – The Morton Arboretum released its updated website, featuring a new look and feel and improved functionality. Visitors will find it easier to locate the Arboretum’s most sought-after information, including events and tree and plant tips. Additionally, the site now features responsive design, which means the user can enjoy a full experience on a smart phone or tablet, as well as a desktop computer.