The Arboretum grounds are divided into quadrants (see the The Morton Arboretum Plant Collections map). Letters indicate the grid lines running from south to north, while numbers indicate those from west to east. To find a plant on the grounds, first consult the plant collections catalog for its scientific name and grid lcoations.
Articles and stories
- The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for July 18, 2014.
- There’s no better place to be on a hot August day than the shade of a tree. It’s cool and green, full of music from the rustling of leaves and the song of birds. No stress can last long under a tree. It’s true. Researchers have documented many ways that trees lift our spirits and help our health. So let’s enjoy the shade of the trees we have and protect them for summers to come.
- The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for July 11, 2014.
- The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for June 27, 2014.
- The Morton Arboretum wraps up its TREE-mendous Summer of events with a new festival, returning favorites, engaging classes and fun family outings. On September 6-7, visitors can discover old-world cultures and their charms in our new Passport Europe Summer Festival. Enjoy a hive of activity during Honey Bee Weekend at the Arboretum, September 20-21, and grab a leash and your pup as Tails on the Trails returns on September 13.