In summer, the garden is abuzz with insect life. Most insects are harmless or beneficial to plants, but a few can cause considerable damage, says Sharon Yiesla, Plant Clinic assistant. You should monitor your garden for problems and insects you don’t recognize.
Articles and stories
- The scouting report of The Morton Arboretum for June 26, 2015.
- Plant Health Care Report Growing Degree Day update for June 19, 2015.
- As part of its continued commitment to sustainability, The Morton Arboretum has completed an LED lighting upgrade throughout its buildings. This upgrade was made possible by a grant from the Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation (ICECF).
- June 10, 2015 The Morton Arboretum will welcome renowned researchers from around the world as the 8th International Oak Society Conference convenes Oct. 18-Oct. 21. Presenters will discuss the latest information on research, management, ethnobotany and conservation of oaks, many of which are keystone species in ecosystems, streetscapes, and gardens around the world.
- The scouting report of The Morton Arboretum for June 12, 2015.