Articles and stories
- Learn about the unique traditions of Asia at The Morton Arboretum’s new Destination Asia Summer Festival. The second of three new cultural festivals at the Arboretum this year, Destination Asia will exhibit traditional Asian music and dance, arts and athletic demonstrations, authentic cuisine, and the chance to explore the Arboretum’s China, Japan, and Korea tree collections.
- The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for July 25, 2014.
The Arboretum grounds are divided into quadrants (see the The Morton Arboretum Plant Collections map). Letters indicate the grid lines running from south to north, while numbers indicate those from west to east. To find a plant on the grounds, first consult the plant collections catalog for its scientific name and grid lcoations.
- The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for July 18, 2014.
- There’s no better place to be on a hot August day than the shade of a tree. It’s cool and green, full of music from the rustling of leaves and the song of birds. No stress can last long under a tree. It’s true. Researchers have documented many ways that trees lift our spirits and help our health. So let’s enjoy the shade of the trees we have and protect them for summers to come.
- The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for July 11, 2014.