This May and June, The Morton Arboretum offers a spectacular line-up of special events, children and family programs and adult classes. On May 5, celebrate the holiday with our first-ever Cinco de Mayo Dinner. May also brings our popular Tails on the Trails, one of the few days dogs can enjoy the Arboretum. Visitors can bring their pups for a day of hiking, pet demonstrations, and a pet expo.
Articles and stories
- As spring arrives, you may start to notice brown patches on some evergreen shrubs. They’re likely to become more noticeable against the green of the garden as leaves open on other plants.
- On Sunday, April 24, run for a greener, healthier, more beautiful world during The Morton Arboretum’s sixth-annual 10K race. With a new name, The Champion of Trees 10K is the Arboretum’s first nod to the start of spring, taking participants on a challenging and scenic run through the Arboretum’s beautiful grounds in support of the institution’s programs and research initiatives.
- The Morton Arboretum celebrates winter and spring with family-friendly events, programs and classes. Visitors are looking forward to bringing their four-legged friends to the next Dog Admission Day March 5. Couples will romance at the Valentine’s Day Dinner Feb. 13-14. Little ones will enjoy Breakfast with the Bunny March 25-26 and everyone will savor Easter Brunch March 27. The Arboretum’s celebration of trees includes The Champion of Trees 10K Run on April 24, and a visit from Curious George, plant sale and activities in the Children’s Garden all day long on Arbor Day, April 29.
- Registration is underway for The Morton Arboretum’s 2016 Summer Science Camp, which promotes active learning and outdoor exploration all summer long. This season features more than 100 camps for kids in kindergarten through eighth grade. From June 6 through August 12, each week-long camp will immerse kids in the world of nature as they play the part of environmental avenger, build a forest fort or even wade through wetlands in search of critters that live underwater.
- The Morton Arboretum will be “hopping” this spring and summer with the presentation of Ribbit! The Exhibit, a whimsical collection of larger-than-life copper frog sculptures on display from April 8 through September 25, 2016.