A library has been an important feature of the Arboretum since its beginning.
Articles and stories
- Has Tales and Treasures whetted your appetite for Special Collections? Check out even more treasures from our vault.
- LISLE, IL (February 27, 2013) – Help The Morton Arboretum plant and protect trees by participating in the 3rd annual Arbor Day 10K run Sunday, April 21, 2013.“It’s a challenging and picturesque course that winds over rolling terrain and through early spring woodlands,” says Pete Linsner, a past 10K participant. David Marin, a fellow runner, adds that he enjoys the challenge of this particular course. “The hills make the course interesting, and you really have to pace yourself.
- Descending around Meadow Lake this Mother’s Day weekend will be David Rogers’ Big Bugs. The exhibit will be open from May 10 to September 8 and will be free with Arboretum admission.
- The Morton Arboretum has received accreditation from the American Alliance of Museums (AAM), the highest national recognition for a museum. Accreditation signifies excellence to the public as well as the Arboretum’s funding audience, professional community and government and other agencies.
- Dig deeper for knowledge about the urban forest at a “Lunch & Learn” session February 7.