In celebration of Arbor Day, The Morton Arboretum is hanging tree tags that call attention to the personal benefits of trees.
Articles and stories
- LISLE, IL (April 9, 2013) – Celebrate Earth Day and Arbor Day at The Morton Arboretum through a full week of activities, April 21-28, including planting a tree on the Arboretum grounds with Curious George, busting myths at EcoFest and the annual Arbor Day Plant Sale."Celebrating Arbor Day is a way to teach our children—and remind adults, too—why trees matter and encourage them to plant and care for trees throughout their lifetimes," says Lesley Kolaya, manager of youth and family programs.
- The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for April 5, 2013.
- As you explore the Arboretum, have you ever paused in front of a tribute marker and wondered at the story behind that tree, bench, brick, or book?
- Spring is a time to celebrate. As Mother’s and Father’s Day, weddings, anniversaries, graduations and the like draw near, it can be difficult to pick out just the right gift. This year, consider a tribute gift: a unique way to celebrate special occasions.Choose from a list of existing trees that the Arboretum has available for dedication.
- Introduce your tiny tyke to nature this spring.