Don’t let the cold keep you indoors! Put on your winter gear and join us for some outdoor activities.
Articles and stories
- Never mind the cold: Arb staff offer five tips for the best winter workout clothes designed to make outdoor exercise as comfortable as possible.
- Learn more about how plants from China have entered our gardens and how plants are responding to climate change.
- Discover how the changing climate is affecting trees in a stimulating discussion over lunch January 24.
- Leaders of The Morton Arboretum have traveled to China to help institutions there save imperiled trees.
- Don’t hibernate this winter. Get your family outdoors and discover this season’s exciting elements. From snowshoeing to scavenger hunts for kids, The Morton Arboretum presents a great selection of outdoor activities and classes to help you chill out and head outdoors.Here’s a look at some of our winter offerings:
- Adults can explore the woodlands and see how animals adapt to cold, learn the biology of birds and improve your plant identification skills through our natural history and ornithology classes. Want to explore your creativity?