Here’s some advice on how and what to order from our distinctive selection of plants in the Members’ Exclusive Plant Catalog.
Articles and stories
- Be on the lookout for special trees, shrubs, and perennials in our annual plant sales.
- Looking to add a four-legged member to the family? Learn about husky fostering and adoption at the Arboretum.
- Our favorite four-legged friends are coming back to the Arboretum January 26-27 for the 10th annual Husky Heroes! Enjoy the great outdoors amongst the beautiful trees in winter during this action-packed weekend. Families will see Siberian husky sled pulling, skijoring, and speed demonstrations; watch a free presentation and film about the husky’s role in Alaskan history; take a family photo with an authentic dog sled; and even meet some amazing canines of this breed in need of fostering and adoption.
- Where do gnomes come from? Long ago and far away.
- Hunting for gnomes in the Children’s Garden is a fun way to explore in the winter time. Finding all 15 will take families throughout the garden, but finding just a few is also fun. Gnomes, descended from woodland spirits in Northern European folklore, have become familiar figures in gardens all over the world.