Late winter is an excellent time to prune shrubs and trees, while they are safely dormant.
Articles and stories
- Force branches of flowering shrubs indoors for an early shot of spring bloom.
- Maples are one of the most prominent trees in any Midwestern landscape, certainly on our grounds here at The Morton Arboretum.
- The new Crescendo sugar maple from Chicagoland Grows® could make an excellent replacement for ash trees lost to emerald ash borer.
- Don’t let the kids have all the fun! Call the babysitter and come on out for some adult-only activities.
- Creepy crawlers, awesome art, survival skills … think of all your child could learn in exciting, hands-on Summer Science Camps.