The Fall Color Festival at The Morton Arboretum will get a running start as the 11th annual Fall Color 5K Run & Walk and Kid’s Dash takes place Sunday, October 5.
Articles and stories
- The Morton Arboretum will host the second Urban Tree Conference, “Managing Urban Forests in a Changing Climate,” from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 18 and Nov. 19. Geared to municipal foresters, arborists, landscape architects, and others who own, care for or plan for trees, this conference will examine the changes underway in our climate and the significant impact they have on the trees that comprise the urban and suburban forest.
- In its second year, lllumination is the first lights event to take place in The Morton Arboretum’s 92-year history. More than 88,000 visitors experienced Illumination in its debut season.
- This November, 50 acres of vibrant LED lights will once again transform The Morton Arboretum’s treescape into a winter wonderland of color and nature, as Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum returns for its second year.
- On Saturday, October 4, spend your afternoon sipping brews from more than 40 Midwest and national breweries at the Arboretum’s inaugural Craft Beer Festival.
- The Morton Arboretum’s first Drink It In: Craft Beer Festival will offer beer lovers the opportunity to sample from more than 80 craft brews while enjoying beautiful fall color from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4.