LISLE, Ill. (May 8, 2014) — Each spring, trees, shrubs, bulbs and wildflowers bloom throughout the The Morton Arboretum’s 1,700 acres. Ed Hedborn, Manager of Plant Records, reports on what’s blooming each week throughout the season. Parking lots listed are along the Arboretum’s paved roads; some locations are within a short walk of the parking lots along paved or mulched trails. Take a springtime stroll and enjoy all the spectacle of spring at the Arboretum. For the latest updates on what’s blooming at the Arboretum, call the Bloom 'n Color Hotline at 630-719-7955.
Articles and stories
- The scouting report of The Morton Arboretum for May 9, 2014.
- LISLE, Ill. (May 7, 2014) —National Public Gardens Day on Friday, May 9 is a chance to celebrate the country’s public gardens, recognizing the critical role gardens and arboreta play in championing environmental stewardship as well as the importance of conservation and education. A living museum of trees from around the world, The Morton Arboretum encourages the public to take part in this special day by visiting its 1,700-acre grounds and enjoying the springtime sights as well as a host of events.
- LISLE, Ill. (May 7, 2014) —The Morton Arboretum is the place to be during summer’s sunny days and balmy nights. Join us for a “Tree-Mendous Summer,” with the new Travel America Summer Festival and the new Destination Asia Summer Festival, weekend-long celebrations with themed food, live music, performances, and family activities.
- The scouting report of The Morton Arboretum for May 2, 2014.
- Spring is prime plant shopping time. Here are some tips from The Morton Arboretum’s Plant Clinic to help you buy the right plants and get them off to a good start.