A team of Arboretum scientists worked side by side with NASA researchers in a unique weeklong experiment using space shuttle technology to detect stress and damage in trees.
Articles and stories
- See if this is happening to the ash trees on your property.
- Embrace this colorful season with activities for the whole family.
- See how glass becomes art in a dazzling video. Meet and greet artists Saturday and Sunday while you browse for the perfect pumpkin.
- During the last few months, while the rest of the country was sweltering in triple-digit heat indexes, Shannon Jane Morgan was just fine working in quadruple-digit temperatures. That’s because the Sacramento Calif.-based Morgan is a glass artist and glass only becomes malleable at about 2,000 degrees. But then, that’s why Morgan’s glass art retains its luminous quality.
- The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for April 20, 2012.