Tree House Tales features great stories, and yes, lots of history.
Articles and stories
- Aren’t tree houses supposed to be in trees?
- Every tree has a story. Learn about the history of the tree behind each of our tree houses.
- The story of the trees is calling you to the Arboretum this fall. At our Tree House Tales exhibition, you and your family can explore the Bur Oak Clubhouse, the Empress Tree Castle, and more. Each tree house is built near the tree it represents and provides clues about its identity and story.
- By the time symptoms are obvious, borers may have been at work on a tree for months or years and it may be too late to stop them. Treating while an ash tree still seems healthy may forestall an infestation.
- Where did the emerald ash borer come from? Listen to this podcast on which Andrea Dierich, Forest Pest Outreach and Survey Project Coordinator at The Morton Arboretum, explains about the origins and life cycle of this insect and how it destroys ash trees.