Articles and stories
- See local artisan Richard Dlugo turn fallen wood from The Morton Arboretum into unique works of art at his wood turning demonstration, Saturday, August 3 and Sunday, August 4 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at The Arboretum Store. This event is free with Arboretum admission.
- The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for July 19, 2013.
The ArbNet Arboretum Accreditation Program and The Morton Arboretum are pleased to announce that Helen Avalynne Tawes Garden in Annapolis, MD has been awarded a Level I Accreditation. By achieving particular standards of professional practices deemed important for arboreta and botanic gardens, Tawes Garden is now recognized as an accredited arboretum in The Morton Register of Arboreta.
- The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for July 12, 2013.
- The Morton Arboretum is pleased to announce its 2013 Public Horticulture Internships have been granted to Morgan Harty of Gurnee, IL and Max Letizia of Clarendon Hills, IL.
- The Morton Arboretum welcomes a new scientist to its research staff. Dr. Jake Miesbauer joined the Arboretum on June 17 as a Research Arborist. In this newly established role, Miesbauer will help launch a new research program primarily focused on improving the health and safety of urban trees through practical topics.