Scientists explore new ways to save trees.
Articles and stories
- From space shuttles to trees, scientists find a new application for imaging technology. Some of the first scientific work with the kind of imaging system used at the Arboretum was done in the 1950s with US reconnaissance photos to measure changing conditions on the ground.
- Researchers from France, England and Germany participate in the research.
- A team of Arboretum scientists worked side by side with NASA researchers in a unique weeklong experiment using space shuttle technology to detect stress and damage in trees.
- See if this is happening to the ash trees on your property.
- Embrace this colorful season with activities for the whole family.