Articles and stories
- On Saturday, January 24, put on your winter boots and coat and bring the family to The Morton Arboretum for a day of winter fun! Trek into the Children’s Garden for Family Winter Play Day to watch a professional ice carver create a masterpiece, then paint, build, experiment with ice and water, hike, or play games before warming up by the fire and enjoying delicious s’mores.
- The Morton Arboretum welcomes back its popular Enchanted Railroad this January with a new theme celebrating the seasons. Opening January 17, the 13th annual event will feature a larger-than-life platform with two levels and 12 toy trains, including miniature replicas of Chicago’s familiar Metra and Amtrak trains.
- The ArbNet team is pleased to announce the launch of an updated ArbNet website, featuring a new look and feel with improved functionality. Users will now find it easier to locate ArbNet’s most sought-after information, now organized around “channels”: Accreditation, Morton Register, Resources and News.
- This winter, The Morton Arboretum offers indoor and outdoor events and programs to excite and inspire a love of nature. And for the first time, visitors can take advantage of new lower winter rates – enjoy Arboretum offerings and a slate of popular events through March 2015 for an everyday admission of $9 for adults, $8 for seniors and $6 for children.
This year, find the perfect gift for the nature lover in your life at The Arboretum Store. Stop in or shop online and choose from thousands of unique nature-themed items. To help you check a few names off of your list, we asked Arboretum Store manager Jacqueline Fucilla for some of her top 2014 holiday gift picks.
- Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum is here! And to make your experience the absolute best it can be, we’d love to share a few tips.