Articles and stories
- Plant Health Care Report Growing Degree Day update for May 8, 2015.
- The Morton Arboretum is recognizing Endangered Species Day, Friday, May 15, and Plant Conservation Day, Monday, May 18, with four days of specially-themed activities and programs.
- Each spring, trees, shrubs, bulbs and wildflowers bloom throughout the The Morton Arboretum’s 1,700 acres. Ed Hedborn, Manager of Plant Records, reports on what’s blooming each week throughout the season. For the latest updates on what’s blooming at the Arboretum, call the Bloom 'n Color Hotline at 630-719-7955.
- Chicago and its seven surrounding counties have more than 150 million trees – trees that make our communities healthier, more sustainable and more beautiful. Yet Chicago-area trees are under threat, with one of every five parkway trees likely to soon be destroyed by the emerald ash borer beetle.
- The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for May 1, 2015.