The growing degree update from The Morton Arboretum for June 10, 2016.
Articles and stories
- Cast bios for Nature: An Outdoor Walking Play
- Critics praise and audiences cheer this outdoor walking play.
- The Morton Arboretum’s beautiful woodlands and tree-lined clearings set the scene for the acclaimed outdoor walking play, Nature. Playing select days July 8-31, this unique theatrical event about the lives of Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau is an experience like no other—as an award-winning ensemble of actors and musicians bring audiences into a playful and deeply-moving journey through their natural environment. Nature, presented by TigerLion Arts, is filled with music, song, story and celebration with scenes unfolding around audience members as they follow the ensemble through the grounds.
- On Saturday, May 21, The Morton Arboretum welcomed nearly 400 guests to the Growing Brilliantly Dinner Party in support of the institution’s tree collections, research, and education programs. Emceed by tree champions Bill Kurtis and Donna LaPietra, the Arboretum’s annual fundraising event raised a record-breaking $410,760— funds that will allow the Arboretum to increase the impact of its tree-focused mission throughout the Chicago region and worldwide.
- Stumped on what to get your dad this Father's Day? Treat him to one of several great finds available at The Arboretum Store.