With more than 8,000 tree species threatened with extinction, an urgent need exists for botanical gardens to protect threatened trees in dedicated conservation collections. A new report published in the July issue of the international conservation journal Oryx offers strategies and guidelines to help botanical gardens strengthen the conservation value of their tree collections.
Articles and stories
- The scouting report of The Morton Arboretum for May 29, 2015.
- This Father’s Day, find a gift dad will love at The Arboretum Store, which features hundreds of distinctive, nature-themed items.
- So, you’ve finished your spring plantings of trees, shrubs, and perennials. Now it’s time to care for them so they get a good start.
- Growing Degree update for May 22, 2015.
- The scouting report of The Morton Arboretum for May 15, 2015.