Fall colors are spectacular in our East Woods and tree collections and around Lake Marmo and Sterling Pond. Sugar maples are mostly yellow to yellow-orange with a few hints of red. The Maple and Oak collections are especially lovely places for a stroll to view colorful trees and other plants from around the world.For the latest fall color updates from the Arboretum, call the Bloom 'n Color Hotline at 630-719-7955.
Articles and stories
- The continued bright sunny days and cool nights have led to greater fall color, making a walk around Lake Marmo and through the Oak and Maple collections a visual delight. For the latest fall color updates from The Morton Arboretum, call the Bloom 'n Color Hotline at 630-719-7955.
- Be swept away by classical chamber music this winter, performed in The Morton Arboretum’s historic Thornhill Education Center. Enjoy intimate, Sunday afternoon concerts while overlooking a scenic vista, followed by a reception.
- The bright sunny days and cool nights of the past week have helped fall color develop in the trees of the Arboretum’s collections and natural areas. The color show will only become more vibrant in the coming week. For the latest fall color updates from the Arboretum, call the Bloom 'n Color Hotline at 630-719-7955.
- The curtain has risen on the fall color show at The Morton Arboretum! Warm, bright sunny days and cool nights will encourage more trees’ leaves to change over the coming weeks, including during the Glass Pumpkin Patch, October 14 through 18.
- Congratulations to The Morton Arboretum's arborists Beau Nagan and Brandon Dobnick who took home first and third place overall in the Illinois Arborist Association Tree Climbing Competition Master's Challenge.