The scouting report of The Morton Arboretum for April 17, 2015.
Articles and stories
- Just as they need water and sunlight, trees need each and every one of us to thrive. This Arbor Day, The Morton Arboretum is bringing attention to the actions Chicagoans can take in their daily lives to care for trees–so crucial to the future of our city and region–with two public events taking place in Chicago.
- Each spring, trees, shrubs, bulbs and wildflowers bloom throughout the The Morton Arboretum’s 1,700 acres. Ed Hedborn, Manager of Plant Records, reports on what’s blooming each week throughout the season.
- Plant Health Care Report Growing Degree Day update for April 10, 2015.
- The only Chicago-area appearance of Nature Connects®: Art with LEGO® bricks by Sean Kenney is at The Morton Arboretum from Friday, July 17, through Sunday, November 1, 2015! Here are some amazing facts about these LEGO brick sculptures crafted by Sean Kenney, the world’s first LEGO Certified Professional.
- This summer will be built on fun as Nature Connects®: Art with LEGO® bricks by Sean Kenney debuts at The Morton Arboretum. LEGO fans of all ages will be dazzled by the exhibit that features larger-than-life sculptures of nature’s top attractions, carefully crafted from nearly half a million LEGO bricks by award-winning artist Sean Kenney.