The only Chicago-area appearance of Nature Connects®: Art with LEGO® bricks by Sean Kenney is at The Morton Arboretum from Friday, July 17, through Sunday, November 1, 2015! Here are some amazing facts about these LEGO brick sculptures crafted by Sean Kenney, the world’s first LEGO Certified Professional.
Articles and stories
- This summer will be built on fun as Nature Connects®: Art with LEGO® bricks by Sean Kenney debuts at The Morton Arboretum. LEGO fans of all ages will be dazzled by the exhibit that features larger-than-life sculptures of nature’s top attractions, carefully crafted from nearly half a million LEGO bricks by award-winning artist Sean Kenney.
- Each spring, trees, shrubs, bulbs and wildflowers bloom throughout the The Morton Arboretum’s 1,700 acres. Ed Hedborn, Manager of Plant Records, reports on what’s blooming each week throughout the season.
- The scouting report of The Morton Arboretum for April 3, 2015.
- The annual Arbor Day Plant Sale returns to The Morton Arboretum April 24-26, with a unique selection of more than 300 types of plants and trees. The popular event draws hundreds, from novice to expert, looking for plants chosen by experts from the Arboretum for their garden.
- “Brilliance in Bloom” is the theme of the annual Dinner Party at The Morton Arboretum on Saturday, May 16, in support of the institution’s tree-focused work. The Arboretum’s 1,700-acre landscape of trees and plants is not only a place of beauty, but home to tree research and conservation efforts, as well as education and community outreach programs.