The Morton Arboretum has appointed Matt Lobdell as the institution’s new curator and head of collections.
Articles and stories
- The Chicago Wilderness alliance recently honored The Morton Arboretum for achieving the Excellence in Ecological Restoration accreditation. The Chicago Wilderness Excellence in Ecological Restoration program showcases excellence in conservation leadership and site-based restoration by recognizing high-quality natural areas and the organizations that manage them.
- If you make sure your Christmas tree is recycled into mulch or compost to improve soil and protect plants, you’ll know it didn’t go to waste.
- The ArbNet team is pleased to announce the launch of an updated ArbNet website, featuring a new look and feel with improved functionality. Users will now find it easier to locate ArbNet’s most sought-after information, now organized around “channels”: Accreditation, Morton Register, Resources and News.
- Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum is here! And to make your experience the absolute best it can be, we’d love to share a few tips.
- Keeping notes (or taking pictures) is a big help in planning to improve your garden. The soil may now be frozen and the weather may be frightful, but it’s not too late to jot down your memories of what worked and what didn't in the past gardening year.