Spring is prime plant shopping time. Here are some tips from The Morton Arboretum’s Plant Clinic to help you buy the right plants and get them off to a good start.
Articles and stories
- Meander the twists and turns of The Morton Arboretum’s Maze Garden while solving clues about the surrounding trees and plants with The A-MAZE-ing Quest. New at the Arboretum this spring, the fun and educational quest offers visitors a new way to explore the tall lush hedges and the plant rooms hidden within the one-acre labyrinth of the Maze Garden.
- Public gardens such as The Morton Arboretum offer visitors beautiful landscapes, give gardeners information and inspiration, and create refuges for beauty in the midst of cities and suburbs. National Public Gardens Day, which falls in 2014 on Friday, May 9, is an annual opportunity to pause and celebrate these marvelous oases. And of course, the best way to celebrate public gardens is to visit one.
- The Morton Arboretum’s first app, now available for iPhone®, offers Arboretum visitors new and fresh ways to explore our many tree collections, gardens and natural landscapes. Users can enhance their next visit with one of several interactive features available on the app, including a virtual membership card and news page providing information about events and classes at the Arboretum as well as breaking news.
- LISLE, Ill. (April 29, 2014) — Each spring, trees, shrubs, bulbs and wildflowers bloom throughout the The Morton Arboretum’s 1,700 acres. Ed Hedborn, Manager of Plant Records, reports on what’s blooming each week throughout the season.
- The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for April 18, 2014.