The Scouting report of The Morton Arboretum for May 30, 2014.
Articles and stories
- Wind rustles darkened tree branches, a faraway owl hoots, stars wink overhead — it’s night time at The Morton Arboretum. Most visitors only see the Arboretum during the day, but this summer, a special group of families will have the chance to enjoy the sights and sounds of our grounds after dark.
- The Chicagoland Daylily Society will hold its annual flower show July 19 and 20, 2014, at The Morton Arboretum. Society members will bring their blooms to compete for prizes. Arboretum visitors are invited to vote for Best in Group and Best in Show awards. Admission to the show is free with Arboretum admission. The show also is an excellent opportunity for gardeners to learn more about growing these tough, adaptable, long-lived perennials.
- Looking for a unique way to show your love for The Morton Arboretum? Now you can wear a piece of the Arboretum on your wrist or shoulder, with the introduction of tote bags and wristlets made from recycled Arboretum banners.
- LISLE, Ill. (May 28, 2014) — Celebrate the arrival of summer with a nostalgic drive-in movie at The Morton Arboretum. Relax in your car, under the stars to watch favorite movies on a larger-than-life screen set against the Arboretum’s trees. Families and kids of all ages will enjoy “The Lorax” Friday, June 6. Based on the beloved Dr. Seuss book, this animated film features the voices of Danny DeVito, Zac Efron and Betty White and brings into focus the importance of conservation and protecting the environment. Saturday, June 7 will bring the cult classic “The Goonies.” Approaching its 30th anniversary, the comedic adventure story of young treasure seekers stars Sean Astin, Josh Brolin and Corey Feldman.
- The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for May 23, 2014.