On April 8, we will welcome the 23 larger-than-life frogs of Ribbit! The Exhibit. In celebration, the staff of The Arboretum Store has been on the hunt for unique frog-themed products for the home and garden. Shoppers are also invited to head to the store's children's section for fun items for all ages.
Articles and stories
- As part of the Growing Brilliantly Campaign, the Arboretum is constructing new facilities at South Farm, a staff work area located to the southwest of the Visitor Center.
- Early spring in Chicago often brings spells of warm weather. But that doesn’t mean it’s time to start gardening, says Doris Taylor, Plant Clinic manager at The Morton Arboretum.
- This May and June, The Morton Arboretum offers a spectacular line-up of special events, children and family programs and adult classes. On May 5, celebrate the holiday with our first-ever Cinco de Mayo Dinner. May also brings our popular Tails on the Trails, one of the few days dogs can enjoy the Arboretum. Visitors can bring their pups for a day of hiking, pet demonstrations, and a pet expo.
- As spring arrives, you may start to notice brown patches on some evergreen shrubs. They’re likely to become more noticeable against the green of the garden as leaves open on other plants.
- On Sunday, April 24, run for a greener, healthier, more beautiful world during The Morton Arboretum’s sixth-annual 10K race. With a new name, The Champion of Trees 10K is the Arboretum’s first nod to the start of spring, taking participants on a challenging and scenic run through the Arboretum’s beautiful grounds in support of the institution’s programs and research initiatives.