The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for May 1, 2015.
Articles and stories
- This year, The Morton Arboretum celebrated its signature holiday, Arbor Day, with a host of exciting events.
- Trees need champions every day. How can you stand up for trees? Here are some concrete suggestions for how you can help the trees in your yard, your neighborhood, and your community.
- Each spring, trees, shrubs, bulbs and wildflowers bloom throughout the The Morton Arboretum’s 1,700 acres. Ed Hedborn, Manager of Plant Records, reports on what’s blooming each week throughout the season. For the latest updates on what’s blooming at the Arboretum, call the Bloom 'n Color Hotline at 630-719-7955.
- It takes only a short time to plant a tree, but how a tree is planted can have a lasting influence on its future growth. To help retailers, landscape architects, municipalities and homeowners select trees that will thrive for the future, The Morton Arboretum has introduced its updated guide to Selecting and Planting Trees, along with the new Northern Illinois Tree Species List, a comprehensive list of trees available for planting in northern Illinois.
- Plant Health Care Report Growing Degree Day update for April 24, 2015.