This April 19, run for a greener, healthier, more beautiful world during The Morton Arboretum’s fifth-annual Arbor Day 10K race. The Arbor Day 10K is The Morton Arboretum’s first nod to the start of spring, taking participants on a challenging and scenic run through the Arboretum’s beautiful grounds.
Articles and stories
- With more than 8,000 tree species threatened with extinction, an urgent need exists for botanical gardens to protect threatened trees in dedicated conservation collections. A new report published in the international conservation journal Oryx offers strategies and guidelines to help botanical gardens strengthen the conservation value of their tree collections.
- The Morton Arboretum and the Perennial Plant Association will host “Ready! Set! Garden!,” a day-long symposium featuring top gardening experts and strategies and tips for the 2015 growing season. Taking place from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, February 28 at The Morton Arboretum, “Ready! Set! Garden!” will include something for gardeners of all backgrounds and interests.
- Celebrate spring’s return at The Morton Arboretum with a slate of exciting events and programs that explore a season of buds and blooms as well as the Arboretum’s signature holiday, Arbor Day.
- Nature is the ultimate muse. Visitors look for inspiration in the Arboretum’s landscapes and at this time of year, they find it in a forest blanketed in sparking snow or in the light from a mid-morning sun as it peeks through bare branches.
- The Sterling Morton Library is a treasure trove. Discover all it has to offer as well as these staff recommended titles the next time you’re here.