Articles and stories
- Experience traditional maple tapping and the making of maple syrup in all its stages at our Syrup Tree and Silver Dollar Brunch. This family favorite takes place during several hour and a half sessions from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22.
LISLE, Illinois (Feb. 10, 2015) — Registration is now open for The Morton Arboretum’s 2015 Summer Science Camp, which promotes active learning and outdoor exploration all summer long. This season features more than 120 camps for kids in kindergarten through 8th grade, including six brand-new offerings.
- This April 19, run for a greener, healthier, more beautiful world during The Morton Arboretum’s fifth-annual Arbor Day 10K race. The Arbor Day 10K is The Morton Arboretum’s first nod to the start of spring, taking participants on a challenging and scenic run through the Arboretum’s beautiful grounds.
- With more than 8,000 tree species threatened with extinction, an urgent need exists for botanical gardens to protect threatened trees in dedicated conservation collections. A new report published in the international conservation journal Oryx offers strategies and guidelines to help botanical gardens strengthen the conservation value of their tree collections.
- The Morton Arboretum and the Perennial Plant Association will host “Ready! Set! Garden!,” a day-long symposium featuring top gardening experts and strategies and tips for the 2015 growing season. Taking place from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, February 28 at The Morton Arboretum, “Ready! Set! Garden!” will include something for gardeners of all backgrounds and interests.
- Celebrate spring’s return at The Morton Arboretum with a slate of exciting events and programs that explore a season of buds and blooms as well as the Arboretum’s signature holiday, Arbor Day.