Each spring, trees, shrubs, bulbs and wildflowers bloom throughout the The Morton Arboretum’s 1,700 acres. Ed Hedborn, Manager of Plant Records, reports on what’s blooming each week throughout the season. For the latest updates on what’s blooming at the Arboretum, call the Bloom 'n Color Hotline at 630-719-7955.
Articles and stories
- Chicago and its seven surrounding counties have more than 150 million trees – trees that make our communities healthier, more sustainable and more beautiful. Yet Chicago-area trees are under threat, with one of every five parkway trees likely to soon be destroyed by the emerald ash borer beetle.
- Friday, May 8 is National Public Gardens Day, a chance to recognize the country’s public gardens and the key role they play in bringing awareness and support to important scientific environmental research, conservation and education.
- The Scouting Report of The Morton Arboretum for May 1, 2015.
- This year, The Morton Arboretum celebrated its signature holiday, Arbor Day, with a host of exciting events.
- Trees need champions every day. How can you stand up for trees? Here are some concrete suggestions for how you can help the trees in your yard, your neighborhood, and your community.