It takes a special kind of dedication to become a Woodland Steward.
Articles and stories
Science and conservation
- The Community Trees Program supports towns, parks, school districts, community groups, and individuals in caring for the urban forest.
- Learn more about how plants from China have entered our gardens and how plants are responding to climate change.
- The Morton Arboretum's innovative Wetlands Restoration Program is named as 2012 recipient of an American Water Environmental Grant.
- By the time symptoms are obvious, borers may have been at work on a tree for months or years and it may be too late to stop them. Treating while an ash tree still seems healthy may forestall an infestation.
- Where did the emerald ash borer come from? Listen to this podcast on which Andrea Dierich, Forest Pest Outreach and Survey Project Coordinator at The Morton Arboretum, explains about the origins and life cycle of this insect and how it destroys ash trees.