It’s the gardener’s prerogative to decide what to plant. But what we don’t plant is important too.
Articles and stories
Science and conservation
- It takes a special kind of dedication to become a Woodland Steward.
- The Community Trees Program supports towns, parks, school districts, community groups, and individuals in caring for the urban forest.
- Learn more about how plants from China have entered our gardens and how plants are responding to climate change.
- The Morton Arboretum's innovative Wetlands Restoration Program is named as 2012 recipient of an American Water Environmental Grant.
- By the time symptoms are obvious, borers may have been at work on a tree for months or years and it may be too late to stop them. Treating while an ash tree still seems healthy may forestall an infestation.